MLB payroll details, thoughts and analysis.
Diving back into the mailbag...
- John VonBokel checked in with a link to the detailed breakdown of Albert Pujols' new deal - the Cardinals page has been updated with the new information.
- Michael Laureano advised me of a more accurate account of Gabe White's new contract with the Yankees - thanks Michael! I've also been going back and forth with Michael searching for the details of the deferred money in Gary Sheffield's contract - if anyone has seen anything specific, please email me.
- Seth of Seth Speaks got back to me with better details on Shannon Stewart's deal signed a while back with the Twins - thanks Seth!
- DaddyRainmain dropped me a note with the particulars of Kirk Rueter's deal with the Giants.
- Jeff Euston sent me some great details on both the Royals and Cardinals payrolls - special thanks for the finer points of Edgar Renteria and Jason Isringhausen's deals - they had been hard to come by.
- Thanks to Helen Simmins-McMillin, Thomas Gorman and Christian Ruzich (of the fabulous Cub Reporter and Transaction Guy blogs) who all checked in with the structure of Greg Maddux's option year with the Cubs.
I finally got a chance to take a closer look at some of the detailed payroll analyses that were sent my way...here's a rundown of the great information that I've added to the site:
- John VonBokel pointed me towards this absolutely fantastic payroll thread on birdsonthebat.com. The majority of the detailed information on the thread came from a poster named John Bristor - many thanks to John for his wonderful research. Thanks to his work, I've been able to update the Cardinals payroll with more accurate information on a number of contracts, most notably Jim Edmonds, Scott Rolen, and Woody Williams.
- Eitan Altman sent along his extremly detailed analysis of the Padres payroll - he pointed out a few inaccuracies that I had, and sent me the specifics of a few other deals - all of the information has been updated on their payroll page. Thanks for the great work, Eitan!
- Ron Doub passed along a link to Orioles Hangout, where I was able to find some additional information on Orioles contracts - most notably the details of Javy Lopez's deal.